The control mode allows easily configuring settings and making changes with parameters.
• Single-loop control
• Cascade primary-loop control
• Cascade secondary-loop control
• Cascade control
• Loop control for backup
• Loop control with PV switching
• Loop control with PV auto-selector
• Control with PV-hold function
• ON/OFF control (1 point of hysteresis)
• ON/OFF control (2 points of hysteresis)
• Two-position, two-level control
• Heating/cooling control
• Sample PI control
• Batch PID control
• Feedforward control
For the correspondence between the above control mode and control types for each model, please refer to the specifications of each model.
With built-in ladder sequence control, the range of applications
are dramatically increased. This feature is standard in all the
UTAdvanced controllers (except UM33A). The ladder sequence
control function can replace a small PLC required by the application.
Sequence control and PID control can be performed simultaneously.
• Monitoring and control of external machinery
E.g.: Lamps, switches, timers
• Solve digital input/output logic functionality easily.
Number of basic command types: 13
Number of application command types: 73
[Example of ladder instruction] [Example of ladder programming]
Alarm Sequence Control Circuits Can be Reduced
The ladder sequence program is built in the UTAdvanced as standard. The ladder sequence function enables monitoring and controlling peripheral devices such as relays, thus making it possible to reduce costs.
Alarm action is built by the ladder sequence program inside the UTAdvanced, thus making it possible to reduce costs.
Host System Load is Reduced
The UTAdvanced with up to 4 analog inputs* enables various types of analog data to be captured directly into the controller and calculated by the ladder program, thus reducing the system-building load of the host. Action: Various types of analog data were captured into the host system (PLC, etc.) and calculated, and the results were processed by the field controller for control via a command.
* In the case of the UT55A
Select Input and Output Types via Configuration
Select from TC, RTD, mV/DC voltage and DC current.
(DC current input: No shunt resistor required)
The input type and range is user selectable via the front panel or by using the LL50A parameter setting software.
• ±0.1% Indication Accuracy.
• Connect up to two 2-wire transmitters simultaneously.
All instruments have a 15 V Loop Power Supply (15 V LPS) for a transmitter.
In addition, a 24 V LPS is also available simultaneously for some instruments as optional function.
User selectable for relay, Voltage pulse and current outputs.
• Relay output: ON/OFF control, time-proportional PID control
• Voltage pulse output: time-proportional PID control
• Current output: continuous PID control
Heating/cooling control has two sets of universal outputs.
• Any combinations of relay, pulse and current outputs are available.
Drive a motorized control valve by using position-proportional PID.
• The position-proportional PID control function has two sets of relay
outputs for direct/reverse rotation of motorized control valve.
• The slide wire input to feed back the valve position is also available.
The following conditions can be set in order to increase the accuracy of calculating PID constants using AT .
1) Two types of algorithms to calculate PID constants are available for selection.
Normal: fast-rising PID constant
Stable: slow-rising PID constant
2) High and low output limits can be set individually for control output values during AT runtime.
The field proven SUPER function utilizes a built-in operator experience and fuzzy theory to deliver fine control and suppress overshoot.
The new SUPER2 function utilizes a built-in operator experience and modern control theory to
deliver fine control and suppress hunting.
LL50A Parameters Setting Software
Parameters that determine controller functions can easily be set: controller model type, controller mode (single-loop control, cascade control, loop control
with PV switching, etc.), universal input/output functions, setup parameters and others. It also allows you to create program patterns.
Used to tune a controller’s PID parameters. Displays measured input value, target setpoint, and control output value as a trend graph on a personal computer screen, allowing PID parameter modification, AUTO/MAN switching, control output modification in manual operation, etc.
Ladder sequence programs can be created and ladder programs can be monitored.
Can be used to create an electronic device data sheet for Open Network.
Can be set parameters and ladder program while no power supply to controller.
Can be used while attached to the control panel.
-Applicable Controllers: UT55A, UT52A, UT35A, UT32A, UP55A, UP35A, UM33A
-Applicable OS: Windows XP/Vista
-Communication method: USB 1.1